Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 is History

2011 is history.  It was a very busy year for me.  I told someone once that it seems like the older I get the faster time goes.  His response was memorable.  He said that it is not that time goes faster it is the older we get the more there is to do.  I have reflected on that quite often.  Especially in my crafting, there is so much that I want to do and that I want to do well. 

A fad that has been sweeping many of my online associates has to do with picking a word for 2012.  I gave it a lot of thought and followed others take on this idea closely.  I did find my word.  Participate.  I believe it boils down to the old adage, that you get what you put into it.  With this in mind, I anticipate that 2012 is full of possibilities and hope.

I think the idea may have started with my association with StitchMap. The group has encouraged me to become involved with the online community of crafters.  It has become a huge part of my life.  I follow many blogs for inspiration, participate in challenges and courses with others,and in turn mentor and aid others.  I am part of a wonderfully creative and giving group of people.  My days have been enhanced and I am so thankful.

Of course, consequently, I come accross many finds. I often use this blog to keep my finds accessible.  Peruse my pages and you will see reference articles, blogs, patterns and other inspirational finds.  Towards the end of the year, I also found Pinterest.  What a delightful tool for organizing and accessing images.

Christmas

Our charity event with others from my working community was very successful.  We made hats, scarfs and mittens.  We donated so many that every person who wanted a hat from the resources of the homeless shelter was able to obtain one.  I was able to connect with so many more people and saw firsthand many acts of generosity. 

I was even able to get some personal Christmas crafting done.  This year, I focussed on clothespin dolls.  They were dressed in crochet angels outfits.  Here is a picture:

Clothes Pin Angels 2011
The picture shows thirteen dolls but I actually got to 19.  My goal was 24 but I ran out of time.  Time permitting in another season, I will be able to complete the goal.

One day I was looking at my usual blogs and found a link to a blog about clothes pin dolls. Dolly Peg Doll is whimsical and I really enjoyed perusing the blog.  When I stumbled upon it, it seemed that there was meaning and purpose behind it.  It was a very mystical moment.  I realized that it was just another example of connecting to the larger group, the awe-inspiring online community of crafters.

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely dolls Theresa! Loved your blocks too for your 2012 project.
    I have a box full of dolls like the ones you made. My DH bought them for me, I have thought about maybe sewing them into a cq quilt. What do you use your's for? Ornaments?

    ReplyDelete